[mythtv-users] Can't record analog from Hauppauge 2255

David Parker parker.david.a at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:40:34 UTC 2016

Thanks for the info about virtual tuners, that makes sense.  I'll do some
digging and see if that is in fact what's happening.

Regarding the analog tuners, they are both set up correctly (I think) in
MythTV.  The configurations show as follows in mythtv-setup:

Card type: Analog to MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-150/250/350, etc)
Video device: /dev/video0
VBI device: /dev/vbi0
Probed info: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR2255 [saa7164]
Tuning timeout (ms): 12000

Same for the second tuner, except the devices are /dev/video1 and /dev/vbi1.

Should I try a different card type, perhaps?  I chose this type because
it's what I always used with my old MythTV box, using a PVR-150 and
PVR-350.  Also, MythTV auto-detected the rest of the settings when this
card type was chosen, but not for any others.

    Thanks,
    Dave

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk