[mythtv-users] Problem with "phantom" DVB tuners on Hauppauge 2255

David Parker parker.david.a at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:18:17 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 2:29 PM, David Parker <parker.david.a at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I mentioned this issue in a different thread but it's off-topic for that
> conversation, so I wanted to start a new thread for this issue.
>
> I have a Hauppauge 2255 capture card with dual HD tuners and dual analog
> tuners, using the saa7164 driver on Debian Linux 8 (64-bit).  The output
> from dmesg shows the two HD tuners as /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and
> /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0.  I have both of these tuners configured in
> MythTV and they work.  However, when I attempt to exit mythtv-setup, it
> shows the following error on the screen:
>
>     Card 5 (type DVBInput) is set to start on channel Please add, which
> does not exist.
>     Card 6 (type DVBInput) is set to start on channel Please add, which
> does not exist.
>     Do you want to go back and fix these problems?

Never mind!  It turns out these tuners are both on
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 and I had not selected a starting channel for
that adapter when I set it up.  Actually I did, but apparently it either
defaulted back to being unset, or I unset it by accident, when I edited
that input later.

So this was my bad.  Sorry!