[mythtv-users] Απ: DBbackups

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 07:24:47 UTC 2016

On 24/12/16 07:54, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> I used ssh too but I discovered that by mounting the destination locally with nfs I could avoid the ssh overhead and network transfers skyrocketed from 20-40 mb/sec to 100-120 mb/sec (rsync on both cases). For complete system backups, it makes a lot of difference!

Suggest you try and find out why the slowdown occurs.

If it's the encryption you'd see elevated CPU usage on either or both
hosts. In this case you could investigate the use of alternative ciphers
(but be careful about security issues, particularly if you also use ssh
over the internet).

Could also be a network issue. NFS uses and taxes the network
differently from ssh.