[mythtv-users] Απ: DBbackups

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 24 06:54:25 UTC 2016

However, to avoid the need to mount directories across the network, I use:

rsync -av --delete -e ssh mythtv at puzzle:/backup/puzzle/ /backup/puzzle/

This runs at the target/client end, and pulls the backups from master, a machine called puzzle in this case.

Rsync internally uses ssh to log on to the remote end and grabs the files directly, so you don't need to mount the directory onto the client end.

Hi, Mike,

I used ssh too but I discovered that by mounting the destination locally with nfs I could avoid the ssh overhead and network transfers skyrocketed from 20-40 mb/sec to 100-120 mb/sec (rsync on both cases). For complete system backups, it makes a lot of difference!

Merry Christmas,
Yianni