[mythtv-users] Installation instructions for mythbuntu 16.04.1

Philip Brady Phil.Brady at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 10:45:55 UTC 2016

________________________________
From: mythtv-users <mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org> on behalf of Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com>
Sent: 16 December 2016 16:49
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Installation instructions for mythbuntu 16.04.1

A few comments, this isn't my guide so I didn't want to make any changes myself.

#9 I believe this should be mythbuntu-control-centre not mythtv-control-center, unless someone has taken over, renamed this project, and gotten it SRU'd into 16.04.

#11 I'm not sure of the need to recreate the partitions if the UID changed. This would also be a destructive process to the data on the drives.

#19 While this probably works, I feel like the correct way to do this would be to use network manager either via the GUI or command line.

#20 I'd say upstart rather than init since this is a ubuntu guide and upstart was used for 10 years.

#21 Please use "needs tweaked for my configuration" rather than "is broken, and needs to be fixed"

#29 There isn't a need to run locate prior to running the optimize. You know where this is already.

Hi Thomas,
Yes, I had similar reticence over guide ownership!   Your suggestions included.  Not sure about your final point though - I didn't know where optimize was before I located it, and anyway it might not be in the same place in 16.04 as on my 14.04 system.

Phil