[mythtv-users] Master Backend IP scrambled up

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:34:50 UTC 2016

Ok.  Update.  It apparently finally got the mythbackend setup accessed via
the ip6 local loopback address.  I was able to re-set the IP address to the
new "permanent" address, so things are working.

Now, can anyone tell me what settings should be on the DHCP service on my
openwrt router?  I changed it so it now starts the IP lease range from
offset 100 (I think that means the lowest leased IP is 192.168.1.101?) with
a limit of 150 (which I think means IPs from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.250
can be leased?) This, along with reconfirming that I have defined a static
lease for the correct IP and MAC addresses of my backend should keep my
backend on the correct IP.

I thought in the past I had set the dynamic lease range so that it excluded
the range where I had the static leases defined for the myth FEs and BE,
but that could have just worked due to a quirk in the old router, so...

Am I now describing an appropriate configuration, or do I need to change
something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Craig.