[mythtv-users] MythUtil interest?

Philip Brady Phil.Brady at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 13:05:06 UTC 2016

> At some point I will try to write up a couple of issues/limitations I
> encountered with using the services API and send them to the
> devs for consideration (and try to create patches if I can figure
> how to address the issue(s)).

Gary,

if you are taking requests for fixes to API then these are hitting my channel editor:

1.  UpdateDBChannel  ignores attempt to set null values for XMLTVID
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channelutil.cpp
[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/474629?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channelutil.cpp>

MythTV/mythtv<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channelutil.cpp>
github.com
mythtv - The official MythTV repository

lines 1595 and 1628 thought to be the culprits.

2.  UpdateDBChannel  does not allow CommFree to be changed

If you could tackle them it would be great!
Phil Brady