[mythtv-users] HDHR3-CC tuner 1 not subscribed

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:22:08 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Aaron Klein <klein.aaron at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone else has run into this kind of issue where one of
> the three tuners just stops recording.

While the HDHR3-CC supplied power adapter are better than
some others (that SiliconDust provided), when "random stuff"
happens (especially when the poster mentions "several years")
with any of the HDHR devices, I usually recommend trying a
replacement power adapter as the first step (because it is
usually easy to try).  You should check on the existing
adapter, but as I recall, that is a 5V 3A supply (the specs,
again, as I recall, call for a 2.5A supply, and for testing
purposes, you can use a 2A supply, as there is no (known)
Tuning Adapter that actually utilizes the 0.5 amp from the
USB port that the spec allows, even if you had a Tuning
Adapter (and Comcast does not use Tuning Adapters in most
locations)).  If it is the power adapter, you can source locally,
or SiliconDust will sell you a replacement at a nominal cost
(open a ticket with them).

The next thing to try would be to replace the CableCARD
(and perform the validation) in the case the CableCARD has
gone sidewise.

And if those fail, I would ensure that the device is sending
diagnostics to SiliconDust, reproduce the issue, and open
a ticket with them so that they can examine the diagnostic
logs.