[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu change from MySQL to MariaDB?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:38:02 UTC 2016

On 21 August 2016 at 03:25, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> Sorry I can not be more specific about the config files - my 16.04
> testing box is down at the moment as I had to use its power supply to
> keep my mother's MythTV box going after her power supply fan went
> noisy.  I have the replacement power supply so I should be able to get
> my 160.4 box going again tonight with any luck.

Yes it uninstalled MythTV for me also.  I reinstalled by doing a sudo
apt-get install mythtv and then tried to fix by using the Mythbuntu Control
Centre application.   I ended up with apt-get saying there was a serious
problem with the backend package.  I removed and tried again, fixed error
but still couldn't get it to work.  The only thing I didn't check was the
xml file that has the username and password used to connect to the database
perhaps that was reset with all the reinstalling.