[mythtv-users] Never-ending recording stuck!

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:31:08 UTC 2016

On Aug 11, 2016 3:27 PM, "R. G. Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> I set up a general 'record everything on this channel' rule for the
Olympics on CBC. (An a separate rule for NBC, both OTA)

> The box started recording a CBC program on August 8th and according to
the 'Upcoming Recordings' listing, *it is still recording*!  There is no
actual file being recorded.

> BUT I cannot delete that recording rule on the Upcoming Recordings page,
and it does not disappear when I delete the 'Record-All' rule on the
Recording Rules page, even on a frontend restart.

> Since the frontend cannot kill this item, I suspect I can only deal with
it by working on the mythconverg tables. I can see nothing in the record,
record_tmp, or recorded database tables which would represent this item.

> SO:  which table(s) holds a row representing an in-progress recording?

I have had that happen a few times over the years. A backend restart
cleared it.