[mythtv-users] hls server problems

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Aug 9 14:40:10 UTC 2016

On 22 June 2016 at 18:35, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >hey, recently i tried the hls streaming demo page in the backend.
> everything seems to work fine, but the produced video files are broken.
>
> Define broken?
> Does it look like this? https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12479

Yep I can confirm that I'm getting this problem since upgrading....
using torc, myth webfrontend and the Live streaming example site, previous
created streams are fine and will playback but newly created streams will
only playback sound but video is distorted, see the linked screenshot

https://imagebin.ca/v/2qypLbHV4t4K

the same settings used in 0.27 are not working
ie.Bitrate 800k
Width: Auto
Height: 480
Audio: 128k
it produces the same 864x480 res stream just unwatchable, from
mythwebfrontend it produces smaller res streams is this configurable
somewhere?

from the mythbuntu ppa from about a week ago
MythTV Version : v0.28-46-ge5ce273
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
QT Version : 5.2.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

Cheers,

Anthony