[mythtv-users] Unable to connect to the master backend at 192.168.1.100:6543 (16.04 & 0.28)

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:24:45 UTC 2016

On 04/18/2016 04:30 AM, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On 18/04/16 03:50, Bill Meek wrote:
>> Why 192... shows up in ifconfig and not in the
>> backend log is a mystery, so far.
>>
> But it does. The backend just can't resolve it when it starts.

Right, poor choice of words on my part. It finds the address from settings
BackendServerIP, but when it loops through the NIC's addresses, it isn't
there. So we end up with the Host is configured to listen on 192.168.1.100,
but address is not used on any local network interfaces message.

Interestingly, the code that does this logs most all cases of problems,
but, if the NIC is down, there's just a continue. I'm testing a patch to
log that too.

Simple test actually, I just took my NIC down and started the backend. Got
the same errors (plus their IPv6 versions for my machine.)

Fred, if Roger's test works, there's a solution available for the mythtv-backend
.service to prevent the problem. Please confirm if/that the backend can be restarted
after boot and works OK.

--
Bill