[mythtv-users] Unable to connect to the master backend at 192.168.1.100:6543 (16.04 & 0.28)

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Mon Apr 18 14:12:04 UTC 2016

Roger nailed it!  I've been running mythbackend with my normal privileges
and it would say "The backend is currently running", I would select "Stop
Backend and Continue", and then when exiting I'd choose to restart
backend.  So I thought each time I ran mythtv-setup I was stopping and
restarting mythbackend.  But of course it was running the whole time - that
only works with escalated privileges.  So I stopped and restarted
mythbackend and now mythweb is working!  mythtv-status is still not working
100%, supporting Roger's theory that it's a different pre-existing bug.

Fred, if Roger's test works, there's a solution available for the
> mythtv-backend
> .service to prevent the problem. Please confirm if/that the backend can be
> restarted
> after boot and works OK.

Confirmed - what's the solution?