[mythtv-users] Issue with Mythbuntu-Control_centre and securing mythweb

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Tue Apr 12 12:53:05 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am having trouble running MCC and securing mythweb.

I change the option to enable, enter a username password and hot apply. It
asks for confirmation then to authenticate. But then I get the following
error.

DBus Exception

Org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.configparser.NoSectionError

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/configparser.py", line 877, in set

    sectdict = self._sections[section]

KeyError: 'cfg'

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/service.py", line 707, in
_message_cb

    retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)

  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythbuntuControlCentre/backend.py",
line 280, in scriptedchanges

plugin_instances[instance].root_scripted_changes(plugin_dictionary[plugin])

  File "/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins/python/plugins.py", line 188, in
root_scripted_changes

    self.config.set("cfg", "password", reconfigure[item])

  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/configparser.py", line 1167, in set

    super().set(section, option, value)

  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/configparser.py", line 879, in set

    raise NoSectionError(section)

configparser.NoSectionError: No section: 'cfg'

I did find an old thread with Mcc issues to do with backups. So I have
checked some of the same things.

dpkg -l mythbuntu-common

returns

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

||/ Name                      Version           Architecture
Description

+++-=========================-=================-=================-==========

ii  mythbuntu-common          0.74              all               Mythbuntu
application support functions

dpkg -l mythbuntu-bare-client

returns

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

||/ Name                      Version           Architecture
Description

+++-=========================-=================-=================-==========

ii  mythbuntu-bare-client     2.6.3             all               Mythbuntu
Bare Client

Hope this helps.

I was unsure about downloading the patch as I already have 2.6.3

I am running 14.04.4 LTS of mythbuntu

MythTV Version : v0.27.6-17-g815cab6

MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27

Network Protocol : 77

Library API : 0.27.20151025-1

QT Version : 4.8.6

Options compiled in:

linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Thanks for any help you can give.