[mythtv-users] Mythweb and "Pop-out player"

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 24 14:52:48 UTC 2015

I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten this to work.

I'm running Mythweb on Debian Jessie using packages from deb-multimedia
(0.27.5-dmo2).

I've been quite happy with the with the FLV streaming from the Mythweb
interface that I've been doing since 0.23(?)-ish. One of the things I've
never gotten to work is the "Pop-out player" option. Searches on this
indicate it isn't something anyone else has gotten to work either.

It seems to just bring up a new browser window with black background and
black text:

flowplayer( "player",
"https://<myserver.org>/mythweb/js/libs/flowplayer/flowplayer.swf",
{ playlist: [ // this first PNG clip works as a splash image { url: '
https://appalachian.dyndns.org/mythweb/tv/get_pixmap/shenandoah/2205/1443056400/640/360/-1/2205_20150924010000.mpg.640x360x-1.png',
scaling: 'orig' }, // Then we have the video { url:
"https://<myserver.org>:443//mythweb/pl/stream/2205/1443056400.flv",
duration: 3600, autoPlay: false, scaling: 'fit', // Would be nice to
auto-buffer, but we don't want to // waste bandwidth and CPU on the remote
machine. autoBuffering: false } ]} );

If someone has gotten it to work properly I would be quite interested in
hearing about it. Do I need to make sure something is enabled in my browser
like javascript? Or do I need to use a different FLV player (Flowplayer
free 3.2.5 is the one that comes in this package) on the server?

James