[mythtv-users] OT: default routes

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:15:12 UTC 2015

On 23/09/15 14:55, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would recommend indeed using the routing table rather than the
>> firewall (i.e. "ip route" rather than iptables).
>>
>> See man ip-route for the syntax. Example:
>>
>> ip route add 192.168.55.0/24 via 192.168.1.254 dev eth1
>
> But in this case, it's more complicated than can be done in just the routing tables.

OK, maybe I'm assuming too much. My assumption is that the VPN is set up
from a machine on the LAN (i.e. a machine other than the gateway whose
routing rules we're discussing here), so that all we need to accomplish
is that packets whose destination is the remote VPN server are routed
towards the correct ISP.

If your assumption is the correct-one, then we'll need a lot more info
on the use case. That info might enable us to understand why the VPN is
working via one ISP but not the other.

Jan