[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Mon Sep 14 22:24:22 UTC 2015

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:14:46 +0100, Paul Stillwell <bigboi at wackywombats.com <mailto:bigboi at wackywombats.com>> wrote:
>

> > I don’t believe it a browser cache issue. I cleared the cache and
> > reloaded the page and still see all the recordings. I even tried loading
> > the page on a completely different machine that has never gone to that
> > page before and still see all the programs like they are there.
> >

> The previews disappearing does suggest the recordings don't exist. Can you still play them ? Do the files still exist on disk ?
>
> The front end reads directly from the database, and so is reliable. MythWeb requests it from the backend but, with browser caching, it's difficult to trust it.
>
> I didn't see anything unusual in your logs.
>
> The definitive answer will be shown by:
>
> mysql> SELECT starttime,title,season,episode,filesize,deletepending,storagegroup FROM recorded;
>
> If your recordings don't show up then they've been cleaned up and can't be re-inserted. into the database.
>
> You can always put whatever files you have retrieved into the Video library and try to identify which is which.
> This may help with that:
>
> mysql> SELECT chanid,starttime,title,subtitle,season,episode FROM oldrecorded;

Roger,

I ran the command and here are the first 3 recordings (from a long list of recordings) that show up:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> SELECT starttime,title,season,episode,filesize,deletepending,storagegroup FROM recorded;
| starttime           | title                               | season | episode | filesize    | deletepending | storagegroup |
| 2015-03-23 04:00:00 | The Last Man on Earth               |      0 |       0 |  7428612824 |             1 | Default      |
| 2015-07-04 03:30:00 | Whose Line Is It Anyway?            |     11 |       9 |  3167717280 |             1 | Default      |
| 2015-07-31 02:00:00 | Beat Bobby Flay                     |      5 |       9 |  2379217644 |             1 | Default      |

As you can see from the dates they were all recorded before 9/11 when I messed something up. I’m unclear what ‘deletepending’ means though. I am suspecting that it is the problem because recordings made after I messed things up have ‘deletepending’ set to 0 (and all the recordings that were made after I messed things up are showing up fine in the front end). Maybe there is some other fields that are messed up also? Is there some way to set ‘deletepending’ to 0 and see if everything shows up again or should I check some other fields too?

Paul