[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 14 21:28:07 UTC 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:14:46 +0100, Paul Stillwell
<bigboi at wackywombats.com> wrote:

> I don’t believe it a browser cache issue. I cleared the cache and
> reloaded the page and still see all the recordings. I even tried loading
> the page on a completely different machine that has never gone to that
> page before and still see all the programs like they are there.

The previews disappearing does suggest the recordings don't exist. Can you
still play them ? Do the files still exist on disk ?

The front end reads directly from the database, and so is reliable.
MythWeb requests it from the backend but, with browser caching, it's
difficult to trust it.

I didn't see anything unusual in your logs.

The definitive answer will be shown by:

mysql> SELECT
starttime,title,season,episode,filesize,deletepending,storagegroup FROM
recorded;

If your recordings don't show up then they've been cleaned up and can't be
re-inserted. into the database.

You can always put whatever files you have retrieved into the Video
library and try to identify which is which.
This may help with that:

mysql> SELECT chanid,starttime,title,subtitle,season,episode FROM
oldrecorded;