[mythtv-users] Add to playlist->Delete not deleting?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Sep 10 19:01:03 UTC 2015

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 07:37:48 PM Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> Oh and I forget, you can set the time (days?) to retain deleted
> recordings. And if I remember right if set to zero it will be kept
> till the space is needed.

And, as I have found (in 0.27.4), any post-recording jobs like commflagging will continue on those recordings even if deleted because, well, they aren't really being deleted. Now I use real-time commflagging but those who don't or who use auto-transcoding should keep this in mind.

Maybe someday the retain setting can be overridden on a per-recording basis.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca