[mythtv-users] Add to playlist->Delete not deleting?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Sep 10 16:20:49 UTC 2015

On 10/09/15 14:40, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Or, if you want to see the space with tools outside of MythTV, you can
> go into Watch Recordings and MENU|Change Group View|Deleted, then select
> shows to delete and they'll be removed from disk (like deleting from the
> trash bin in Windows).
>
> Mike

Thanks for this, Mike.  For some time I've had a ghost recording, for
which the file had been deleted - outside MythTV - but some metadata
remained.  FWIW it was the second, renamed, part of an interrupted
recording that I had reassembled.  Next time I'll skip the rename and
delete in the usual way.

I'm pretty sure I had been there before - after a fat-finger episode -
but couldn't remember how to stop the persistent reminders:

MainServer: ERROR when trying to delete file: xxx.mpg
File doesn't exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.

Now it looks as if it's gone - after a 'Do You really want to' sequence.

John P