[mythtv-users] Fwd: More Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6

rod crimson.blue.2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:23:26 UTC 2015

I have an issue that shares similarities with

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2015-June/379282.html

I recently upgraded a Fedora12 machine to a CentOS 6.6 along with it I
installed an upgrade to lirc 0.9.0.  with following hardware:

mceusb IR Transever

>ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event13) with:
Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC
Enabled protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY LIRC
Extra capabilities: <access denied>

>grep '^N:'/proc/bus/input/devices
N: Name="Power Button"
N: Name="Power Button"
N: Name="Macintosh mouse button emulation"
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
N: Name="Video Bus"
N: Name="Logitech USB-PS/2 Mouse"
N: Name="HDA NVidia HDMI/DP,pcm=3 Phantom"
N: Name="HDA NVidia Line Out Side"
N: Name="HDA NVidia Line Out CLFE"
N: Name="HDA NVidia Line Out Surround"
N: Name="HDA NVidia Line Out Front"
N: Name="HDA NVidia Line"
N: Name="HDA NVidia Rear Mic"
N: Name="Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815)"

It receives IR signals from a PanasonicTV remote (black) and a M$ Media
Center
Remove (silver)

/etc/lircd.conf    had contained a "remote code" sections for each of the
two
remotes with, in the case of the black remote, buttons that I had named
myself.  The old Fedora12 setup worked perfectly.

Now the new CentOS machine has me quite confused.

mode2   gives good output for both remotes.
irw     only produces information for silver remote
I have installed  ir-keytable

I have done many attempts at having this new CentOS machine read my black
remote via
irrecord
This will make it thru the two lines of dots then when it comes time to name
a button it will fail along the lines of  "Something must be wrong try raw"
mode.  irrecord -f (raw mode) will allow me to define keys and  this did
seem
to work. I could get a handful of named buttons working on the black remote.
This was quite laborius.  Most of the time the silver (mce) remote would
respond when
checked with irw.  But I would like to reuse a slightly modified
/etc/lirc/linrcd.conf    i
that I preveously had working with Fedora.

I went to another machine with LinuxMint17 (Mint). I installed lirc on this
machine and had similar experience as with the CentOS machine until I added
file named:
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-mce-keyboard-disable.conf

containing:
#disable the MCE remote from acting like a keyboard.  (We use lirc instead.)
Section "InputClass"
    Identifier   "MCE USB Keyboard mimic blacklist"
    Driver       "mceusb"
    MatchProduct "Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver
(0471:0815)"
    Option       "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

Now the Mint machine works perfectly.  I tried this same file on the CentOS
mach. No luck.  The Cent machine did not have a
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf
file so I then copied the one that was created on the Mint machine.  Still
nothing.

What log file should I be looking in?  I don't find any that have much
info.  My
man page for  lirc  doesn't have the  debug and log options (i don't think).

Any suggestions?
What additional info would be helpful?

From
>man lircd
 lircd  -  LIRC  daemon  decodes infrared signals and provides them on a
       lircd [options] [config-file]
       -h --help
       -v --version
       -n --nodaemon