[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:22:16 UTC 2015

On 03/06/15 17:59, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> I just upgraded my setup from Myth 0.24 to 0.27.4. In the process I
> updated my frontends to the current CentOS 6.6 and I'm having trouble
> getting LIRC running on them:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2015-June/152589.html
>
> I tried the EPEL 0.9.0 packages without success.
>
> Is anyone using LIRC on CentOS?

Not I...

> Does anyone have any thoughts?

The upgrade of lirc from 0.8.6 to 0.9.0 is pretty big; it was in this
time drivers were moved from lirc to the kernel. So, the kernel version
you are using is part of the scenario.

You probably need to start hunting this down using mode2(1) as described
in http://lirc.org/html/configuration-guide.html.

Note that 0.9.0 is a really old version of lirc, lagging four years and
two major versions behind the last release. Much of the stuff in the
link above is geared towards never versions, but the basic workflow
should be the same.

Cheers!

--alec