[mythtv-users] Motorola DCX3200-M

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:15:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> Agreed.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened in
> Eldred v. Ashcroft.

Lessig possibly screwed up.  Or maybe not (trying to read the SCOTUS
tea leaves is fun sport, but is rarely as helpful as one might like to think).
There are arguments that the public harm argument might have been
more persuasive.  Maybe.

> The fact that these cases are not settled unanimously underscores how
> much copyright law is filled with grey areas.  If supreme court
> justices can't agree, I'm certainly not going to take the word of
> anyone on this list as to what definitely is or isn't legal.  (Myself
> included.)

Especially one who quotes google search, as anyone
competent in the field would have used lexisnexis (google
that if you never heard of it).  While (for example) the Cornell
Law School resources are good, they do not have the depth
or detail or analysis of what one would depend on.  And, as
always, your specific details matter, not broad brush strokes
of overgeneralizations, which is why one would want to talk to
*your own* lawyer for specific advice for your situation.