[mythtv-users] No channels detected with HDHR

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 00:23:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Ross Boylan
<rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> I am running in a VM that can do NAT, but is not otherwise invisible to the
> outside.  So I wonder if the problem is that the HDHR can't transmit back
> properly, even though I am able to detect the box.

Two things to try.  Use bridge mode and bypass any NAT
(your NAT is unlikely to be application aware for the HDHR,
and in many cases the VM NAT is not IPv6 compliant, which
breaks the Internet for you), and most distros now default to
firewalls that are not HDHR friendly.  Disable your firewall,
and if that works, you have your answer.

And, you can always run it on the bare metal, and if
it works there, something else in your VM solution is
breaking things for you.