[mythtv-users] Meta data update for recorded shows?

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Mon Nov 9 22:32:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been using the updated feature of mythlink to create a link
directory that uses name that plex can easily consume including season
and episode numbers.  Overall, the two work quite well together to view
and sync down shows on a range of devices.  My primary viewing though is
still through the frontend.

I have noticed though that the data I receive from schedules direct is
some times only partial.  I will get the season/episode numbers, but no
description or vice versa.

Is there any tool that can update this meta data in the myth db after
discrepancies or missing data is noticed so mythlink can create the
appropriate links?

Right now, I have been editing the DB by hand for ones that I know the
titles of but they don't have season/episode information.  This works
fine, but it painful and direct manipulation of the DB is obviously
frowned upon.

Is there a better way to do this or a tool that could help?

i am running 0.27.5 on Fedora x86_64 using rpmfusion packages.

Michael