[mythtv-users] Slave now records but deletes recordings within the hour

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Thu May 28 23:22:05 UTC 2015

On 29/05/2015 8:05 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Oh what a sorry state my system is in!!
>
> The slave now records having pointed it at 500gigs of disk partition but
> within the hour the recording has disappeared unless I manually turn off
> the expire flag.
>
> Its set as 20gigs free space and there are no log messages indicating that
> it is actually expiring anything, they just go!!
>
> What log options (master and slave) should I use to find out what is going
> on?

Is it writing to the 500G partition or /var/lib/mythtv/recordings? Does
the slave have appropriate permissions for the 500G partition?
I remember having similar issue when I configured a slave backend, that
went away when I added the mount points to a storage group on the slave
backend (which is opposite to what the Docs/Devs will tell you to do)
     My slave backend has no local storage, all storage is mounted by
NFS from the MBE with the exact same path.   Works for me.

My storagegroup table looks like:

groupname    hostname    dirname
Default            mbe              /data/mbe/sata1/recordings/
Default            mbe              /data/mbe/sata2/recordings/
Default            mbe              /data/mbe/sata6/recordings/
Default            sbe               /data/mbe/sata1/recordings/
Default            sbe               /data/mbe/sata2/recordings/
Default            sbe               /data/mbe/sata6/recordings/