[mythtv-users] How to Prevent Freeze When Starting Playback

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:26:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Tom Wheeler <tomwheel at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only disadvantage is that there's now a small "Default Settings"
> message displayed in the upper-right corner for a few seconds when playback
> begins. I can dismiss it by hitting "Exit" on the remote, though if anyone
> knows a way to suppress it from being shown in the first place, I'd be
> grateful.

This message displays the Playback Group for the recording, and is
displayed if and only if you have more than one Playback Group defined.
Whether or not it is displayed has nothing to do with any other settings,
so it's curious that you're seeing it only now.

I run with a patch that suppresses the message for the Default playback
group, for what it's worth.

Jim