[mythtv-users] Anyone using an HP MCE IR receiver with a Sky remote control?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:56:26 UTC 2015

On 11/05/15 13:32, Nick Morrott wrote:
> I have a Topseed USB IR receiver (model is TSES-IR01 with USB ID
> 1784:0001) which works fine with the Sky remotes, so I'm trying to
> establish if the receiver might be faulty, or just does not understand
> the RC6-6-20 protocol.

Nick,

MCE receivers are "dumb"; they don't do any of the decoding themselves.
This is done by the kernel or by lirc (which overlap now that a lot of
the guts of lirc has been moved into the kernel).

I suggest you play around with irrecord and, if necessary, mode2, in
order to see both whether the receiver works and whether it can make
anything of the signals emitted by your remote.

Another very good tool is irscrutinizer [3]

HTH, Jan

[1]: http://www.lirc.org/html/irrecord.html
[2]: http://www.lirc.org/html/mode2.html
[3]: http://www.harctoolbox.org/IrScrutinizer.html