[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Scott Moncrieff scottcmoncrieff at gmail.com
Sun May 10 17:49:09 UTC 2015

I will certainly have a look at Find_orphans, I was not looking forward to
removing them manually although I had a plan of copying the log file into a
spreadsheet and using the file names to construction rows of mysql commands
to remove them. I did something similar when I renumbered all of my
channels and removed all of the junk ones I did not want.

I was fairly sure that there was an issue with my old system not deleting
files, I had a 2TB drive with 900Mb of recording but the drive was 99% full
and current recordings from my library were being expired and deleted,
nothing I had manually deleted after watching had actually been removed. My
time to retain deleted recording was set to 0. That system is gone now so
and I needed to do the upgrade anyway.

I suppose that some kind of security on my mythtv computers is something I
should look at urgently but I do have my router pretty well locked down. I
would like to password protect mythweb but that option does not seem to
work from the mythbuntu control center, it just returns an
org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.TypeError