[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:31:08 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 05:05 PM, Scott Moncrieff wrote:
> I don't know why I didn't look before but I just looked in Manage Recording
> Rules and it is full of 'Record All     Breakfast      News...' rules. I
> don't know how many but was holding 'page down' for a good couple of
> minutes and still did not get past them. Too many to delete manually I
> suspect. Would this be a likely cause! How can I get rid of them without
> setting aside a couple of day deleting them one at a time?

There is, but since you mentioned being "a bit out of my depth" previously,
I'd go slow and do this 1st:

     mysql --user mythtv -pYOURMYTHTVPASSWORD -e "SELECT title,recordid FROM record WHERE title = 'Breakfast      News...' ORDER BY recordid"
mythconverg

The above is all on 1 line. And the 'title = ' text must match
exactly (or you could substitute 'title LIKE Breakfast%News%')

Where YOURMYTHTVPASSWORD is found in ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml

The above won't fix anything, just provide a list of recordids.

If that works, then on to step 2, which would actually delete
them safely. The key here is to find the low and high recordids
of interest.

Remind me what version of MythTV you're running: mythbackend --version

--
Bill