[mythtv-users] mysql filling up hard drive

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri May 8 21:34:13 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 04:26 PM, Scott Moncrieff wrote:
> I will have a look at mysqltuner but Is it likely that something is is
> wrong with the database? There are a large number of errors in the log
> trying to delete recordings that are not there. I have had a look at the
> drive that the recordings are stored on and these are all  files that have
> been watched and then deleted. Obviously still present in the database. The
> thumb nails for all the video files are still present on the drive though
> but the recordings are long gone.
>
> Would manually deleting all of these entries from the 'recored' table be a
> bad idea?

Yes, it's a bad idea because it wouldn't clear out, for example the recordedseek
table.

As mentioned before, I don't think this is your problem. You should clean that
up, but solve the running out of space issue 1st.

I didn't see any response to my question. Have you created any new
custom recording rules lately?

--
Bill