[mythtv-users] New Comcast DTA, grrrrrrrr.

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:00:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You should check with your franchise, but as long as you
> do not subscribe to any premium channels it should work
> adequately (it is my understanding that at least at entry to
> market the premiums were not enabled on the HD-DTAs
> since 3DES can be brute forced on your watch if you give
> it enough time).
>
> Note that if the goal is to save money that you may not
> actually save with these, depending on your franchise
> charges and bundles (there are some bundles of services
> where some devices and services are included in the bundle,
> and eliminating the bundle discount results in higher charges
> for other services).  Anyone who claims to fully understand
> Comcast billing is delusional and should be referred to
> the appropriate mental health professional for evaluation.

I know the feeling they are still over charging my a HD Tech fee for $10 a
month on my CableCard.  I've argued that one of my STBs should be included
under that fee, and not an additional rental (since their website prices it
that way), but their system keeps resetting my account every time I get
this changed.