[mythtv-users] Meegopad and VAAPI

Paul Kendall pkendall64 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 07:00:31 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Kris Jensen <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> After some research and mucking about...
>> I got the audio over HDMI working. I've written up a blog post about what
>> I had to do with links to files and instructions
>>
>> https://pkendall64.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/meegopad-t01-hdmi-audio-success/
>>
>> If you're keen, give it a go and let me know how you get on.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> I gave the patch a try. But it's not working on my setup. Upon first
> reboot after applying patch files it boots to a busybox shell. Rebooting
> from the shell go's to a grub select screen. Selecting the default boot
> entry hang's at a blank screen. Thought it might have been some conflict
> from previous things I had tried so I did a fresh install (Mythbuntu
> 14.04.2). However the same. I did not investigate the busybox shell at all,
> I just typed reboot.
>
> I am not well versed at diagnosing and debug that first busybox shell, so
> I just reinstalled what I had working. For now. Till I read up a bit.
>
> Thanks Paul
>
> Kris

That seems really odd. I have xubuntu 14.10 installed and did what I said
in the post.

Is your 14.04 install booting from the flash on the device or from a USB?

Maybe I could create an image of my system and upload that.
What that would mean is just booting from a usb and dd'ing the image to the
flash.