[mythtv-users] Meegopad and VAAPI

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sat May 2 09:19:28 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Kris Jensen <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> After some research and mucking about...
>>> I got the audio over HDMI working. I've written up a blog post about
>>> what I had to do with links to files and instructions
>>>
>>> https://pkendall64.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/meegopad-t01-hdmi-audio-success/
>>>
>>> If you're keen, give it a go and let me know how you get on.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Paul,
>>
>> I gave the patch a try. But it's not working on my setup. Upon first
>> reboot after applying patch files it boots to a busybox shell. Rebooting
>> from the shell go's to a grub select screen. Selecting the default boot
>> entry hang's at a blank screen. Thought it might have been some conflict
>> from previous things I had tried so I did a fresh install (Mythbuntu
>> 14.04.2). However the same. I did not investigate the busybox shell at all,
>> I just typed reboot.
>>
>> I am not well versed at diagnosing and debug that first busybox shell, so
>> I just reinstalled what I had working. For now. Till I read up a bit.
>>
>> Thanks Paul
>>
>> Kris
>>

> That seems really odd. I have xubuntu 14.10 installed and did what I said
> in the post.
>
> Is your 14.04 install booting from the flash on the device or from a USB?
>
> Maybe I could create an image of my system and upload that.
> What that would mean is just booting from a usb and dd'ing the image to
> the flash.

Well perhaps there it some difference in ether the way I am doing my
install or perhaps its the auto boot BIOS I installed. This is how I am
installing, for reference.

>From a Mythbuntu 14.04.1 boot usb with the grubia32.efi switcharoo. I
select try before install, and install. When finished installing I open a
terminal window and enter in the following:

sudo mkdir /mnt/emmc /mnt/emmc/boot
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/emmc
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/emmc/boot/efi
for i in /dev /dev/pts /proc /sys; do sudo mount -B $i /mnt/emmc$i; done
sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/emmc/etc/resolv.conf
sudo chroot /mnt/emmc
apt-get update
apt-get -y remove grub-efi-amd64
apt-get -y install grub-efi-ia32
cd /boot/efi/EFI
cp ubuntu/grubx64.efi ubuntu/grubx64.efi.orig
cp ubuntu/grubia32.efi ubuntu/grubx64.efi
update-grub2

Shutdown, remove the install usb and reboot. Then sudo apt-get update &&
sudo apt-get upgrade. Then I followed your guide for the HDMI audio.

I'll reflash to the normal non auto boot BIOS later, to rule that out.

If your willing to make an image. I'm willing to try it.

Thanks again Paul.