[mythtv-users] New Comcast DTA, grrrrrrrr.

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri May 1 00:49:19 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> it hasn't been painful enough to justify buying a $280 "fix".
>
> I apologize for trying to solve a different problem than the one you
> asked about, but I still think you'd be better served by a CableCard
> tuner.

Yeah, I agree.  While the 6-tuner Inifini TV 6 is $280, the
three-tuner HDHR prime is regularly on sale for $89.  If you're paying
$16/mo for your DTAs, you can justify that easily on financial grounds
alone, not even counting the improved quality, better reliability, and
general simplification of your setup.

Eric