[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup issue: KWorld USB ATSC TV Stick UB435-Q V3

Saul jaglover at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 22:20:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:47:51 -0500 (CDT)
James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>
> > Maybe a stupid question: Have you added v4l and dvb to your global
> > use flags in /etc/portage/make.conf? I not do so and run:
> > emerge --ask --update --newuse --deep world
>
> Thanks for your response, Hika. If you were dealing with someone more
> knowledgeable/experienced, this might be a stupid question. For
> someone with my level of knowledge/experience, it's definitely not.
> No, I have not added those global use flags: I'll make that
> modification now, then run the suggested command. Results will be
> posted once that process is finished.

The node in /dev is created by kernel, no USE flag involved.
After looking at your post on Gentoo forums I'd say there is a
difference between your dmesg and the one from linuxtv wiki. Most
notably this:

i2c i2c-10: tda18212: NXP TDA18212HN successfully identified

TV receiver/tuner is a complex device, it needs several drivers to
function properly.

You can always boot Mythbuntu from a USB stick and see what modules are
loaded for your stick. My guess is at least three or four, possibly
more.

Once all modules are loaded your DVB node will become alive.

The next problem is going to be userland, it is where USE flags come in
play. However, if you emerge mythtv it should tell you if any flags
need to be corrected. Just rebuilding your @world is probably in vain.

--
Cheers, Saul