[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup issue: KWorld USB ATSC TV Stick UB435-Q V3

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:23:37 UTC 2015

Hoi James,

> I'm trying to run mythtv-setup on my newly installed MythTV under Gentoo.
> The HDHR I have hooked to the system is detected fine, but a USB tuner
> that's also connected to the system is not. dmesg output shows the device
> was detected and drivers loaded, and it shows up under lsusb output as
> well. But I am unable to find it when I go through the mythtv-setp dialogs
> although, as I mentioned, I can find and set up the HDHR.

> This may be an OS issue. In order to begin troubleshooting this issue, I'd
> first like to ask what device node I should expect this stick to be
> associated with? I don't find any /dev/video-anything under the /dev
> directory. I know that is where cards on my old MythTV used to show up.
> But I'm new to USB tuners. Input will be appreciated. Thanks

First check in your log/dmesg if you're missing firmware. I for
instance need sys-firmware/ivtv-firmware for my pvr500/350
Also sys-kernel/linux-firmware contains a lot.

Secondly is it SD or HD, as only SD shows up as /dev/video?
HD is I think under /dev/v4l, but I'm not sure.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop