[mythtv-users] MythtTV on Gentoo: resources?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Tue Mar 24 01:43:44 UTC 2015

I finally got my Liva X booting under Gentoo. I'm not totally new to this
distro, having administered a Gentoo system (a friend did the installation
for me) for a short time a few years ago. But I'm still a relative
greenhorn. I decided to try out Gentoo on this thing, for what it's worth,
in the hopes that by tuning the installation I'd be able to get better
performance and perhaps longer life out of the hardware.

I'm doing basic OS installation and configuration at the moment. But I've
gone ahead and started looking to see what's available in the way of help
documentation--which tends to be pretty good in the case of Gentoo--for
getting MythTV installed and running under this distro.

What I've found in the way of documentation in an initial foray seems to
be quite dated. Since there seem to be a few on this list who run MythTV
under Gentoo, I thought I'd ask here what is considered a good guide for
the relative newcomer wanting to install and run MythTV under this distro?

Thanks.