[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 12.04 updated to Apache 2.4.22 now mythweb says File not found?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:57:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:
> Depends if OP uses liveTV. there are a number of long outstanding livetv usability issues with 0.27/fixes. based off my experience of .24/.25 era, then .27 is backwards a step.

FUD is not a reason to not move forward.  One should clearly test in
ones specific environment.

As with all else, YMWV.  Some have found liveTV works better (and there
was a substantial effort by jya to address some of the issues).  As is
usual, whether it works better or worse seems to be dependent on
specific configuration(s), which makes it nearly impossible for a dev
to reproduce in their environments(*), and for which most others are
unable to dig deep into the code to do their own diagnostics and fixes
in the area (yeah, this is some of the more hairy and complex code,
which makes it more problematic even if one is willing; but that is the
way one learns).  And, of course, while all the devs want the product
to work well for everyone, their focus is on what does not work for
them, and LiveTV is rarely high on that list (due to it either working
for them, or they never use it).

For what it is worth, while I do not regularly use LiveTV (I think
LiveTV is *so* 50 years ago) it works quite well for me when I do
(and from time to time, after I upgrade or build a custom patch,
I test LiveTV just to make sure nothing is broken).

Gary

(*) Commercial companies doing this type of work do have an
entire lab of TV distribution equipment (from around the world)
to test with, along with paid staff to create reproducers in that
lab.  The MythTV devs are not quite so well provided for.