[mythtv-users] Transcoding Audio Options

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Mar 21 20:30:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 02:04:20PM -0500, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> When you setup a transcoder, what do you choose on the audio page?  I
> believe my only options are "Uncompressed" and "MP3".
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:42 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 09:07:53AM -0500, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> > > I'm trying to transcode my video files from what it's recorded in (mpeg2)
> > > into mpeg4 and having problems with it...mostly with audio.  It seems
> > like
> > > the audio doesn't play at all.
> >
> >     I never transcode audio. I just leave it be and I've not had much
> > trouble
> > with this. The only problems I have ever had with this are players OTHER
> > than
> > MythTV. MythTV has always been fine with pristine audio.

    On my tool, the option for just "passing through" either the video
or the audio is labeled "copy". I use all command line tools for this
sort of stuff. All the little details are hidden in shell scripts that
I haven't tweaked in years.

    All of my Android devices are fine with the results as is my Archos
that refuses to die on me (or become obsolete).