[mythtv-users] Seeing what I missed during a power outage - Resolved

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 16 16:48:30 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 12:06 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> "Any time on any channel" would work for most stuff, but there are
> some programs that show in HD on our local PBS station that are
> repeated on their sub channel in SD. I'd rather get the one from their
> HD channel, so "any channel" isn't ideal.

So either a) don't include the "never want to watch stuff from it" SD
sub channel in your configuration (or, if you must include something you
don't want and waste resources on it, you can mark the channel as not
visible and MythTV won't record from it), or b) set an HDTV priority in
MythTV (which will work if your listings properly mark HDTV showings),
or c) if you're using current MythTV, set a negative channel priority on
your SDTV sub channel or a positive priority on your HDTV sub channel.

FWIW, though, I have this specific situation with Nova on PBS.  Since I
really like Nova episodes, and I want to see any of them that I haven't
seen--even if I have to suffer through SDTV (which is actually better
than NTSC ever was)--I set an any time/any channel rule for Nova.  I
then created a "re-record SDTV episodes" Power/Custom Recording Rule
that will record any HDTV showing of Nova for which I have an SDTV
episode in current recordings.  There's a template for this in the
Power/Custom Recording Rule editor.

Mike