[mythtv-users] Unable to claim CommandIR

Jason jason at wkrp.com
Mon Mar 16 10:38:01 UTC 2015

I recently reinstalled my Mythbuntu system with the latest greatest
version. I recovered my mythtv database easily and I'm back up and
running except for channel changing. :(

I'm using a CommandIR III and I went through the installation
instructions and built the code / installed it with no problems. However
when I try and run the channel change script I get:

Unable to claim CommandIR (-1).

So the short version is has anyone gotten the commandIR III to work on
Ubuntu 14.04 that can offer me some advice?

Thank you,

Jason