[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Doug Scoular (dscoular) dscoular at cisco.com
Fri Mar 13 04:27:48 UTC 2015

Hi Kris,

On 13/03/2015 2:04 pm, Kris Jensen <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope it helps fellow MythTV/MeegoPad users.

	Thanks so much for this, I've been waiting on my MeeGoPad HDMI stick to
arrive with baited breath!

	I'm hoping to connect it to my Vivitek Qumi-Q5 micro projector and Bose
mini SoundLink speaker - having it power on when the projector fired up
would be great!

	I'm still blown away by how good the combination of the Qumi Q5 + Bose
mini SoundLink speaker is.

	I tried to download the bios from that forum but it seemed to be wrapped
in several layers of Ad/Mal-ware. Do you know of any alternative locations
to obtain the bios ?

	I've been using Kodi with XBian on a Raspberry Pi and it's been great,
but I'm hoping for a little more oomf with the MeegoPad (in order to run a
few unrelated daemons).

	One thing I do think, is that coming from over a decade of using the
MythTV frontend, it took me quite a while to appreciate just how wonderful
Kodi (ne XBMC) is... once you figure out how to set up and populate the
Kodi meta-data libraries, it's great. Also, it didn't help that quite a
few distributions contained out of date MythTV plugins (or sometimes none
at all). However, after only a little bit of time and perseverance I now
really love my XBian/Kodi/Pi/MythTV combination and it works flawlessly
with HD and is a very flexible mythtv frontend. I use Kodi across XBian,
Android, OSX and Linux.

	I think the MythTV mailing lists just need to give Kodi a decent chance.

	Thanks for the info though! I can't wait to start playing with my
MeeGoPad.

	Cheers,

	Doug