[mythtv-users] Disable PiP in EPG

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 21:17:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was wondering where I can disable the PIP in the program guide.  I'm
> suffering from the problem of the video/audio locking when paging through
> the guide.  I tried to optimize the databases and inserted the optimization
> configuration items in my.cnf, but I'm still running into a problem.
>
> I'm hoping that by disabling the PiP in the EPG, it might work.

That would require modifying source code and recompiling. This if statement
could be commented out:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/4d7f98a92cbdb7d69dc98065c68e9eddf8630966/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/guidegrid.cpp#L539

The "programguide-video" window is the LiveTV EPG that you are asking
about. It is themed in schedule-ui.xml in the themes' source:
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/schedule-ui.xml#L277

I am pretty sure if you were to remove the programguide-video definition
you would just get an empty window for that EPG. The <video> element is
required, so you can't just remove that, either.

Just wondering, what distro and nvidia driver versions are you using?