[mythtv-users] Disable PiP in EPG

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:33:48 UTC 2015

Thanks for the response.

I'm running Mythbuntu 14.04.02 on an Intel ION2 Zotac HD ID-11 box.  I'm
running the nvidia binary drivers (downloaded from nvidia; excluded nouveau
and the ubuntu package drivers) version 340.76.  I'm running mythtv
frontend 0.27.0+fixes.20140324.  Utilization while watching videos is about
12% on the CPU.  I also have a SSD drive in that box.

The backend and mysql server is running on a vmware esxi server.  It's
running on Ubuntu 14.04, has 4 cpu's dedicated to it with an average
utilization of  about 7 to 10%.  This box also has an ssd drive and 3 gigs
of ram.

An interesting thing is that I was running some speed tests on the disk
today on the mysql server.  When running the 'dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile
bs=1M count=1024' command in my home directory on the server worked fine.
When I ran the same command in the mysql server datadir location, it hung
the video on the front end for a couple of seconds.

Mind you, the ssd on the sql server is mounted as '/', so I don't separate
the /var/lib/mysql directory from my /home directory on a different drive
or anything like that.

Thanks,
Mike