[mythtv-users] Backend changes to support Android streaming

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 01:03:02 UTC 2015

On Jun 27, 2015 4:09 PM, "Michelle Dupuis" <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:

> That was it - I needed the external codec for AC-3 audio.  I told MX
Player to use this codec - does that mean other players don't know about
the codec?  (Is this ONLY for MX Player?)

Yes

> On a related/unrelated note, now that I can actually watch a movie using
MX Player I see that my video has LOTS of artifacts.

It could be analog cable reception, or HDPVR encoder settings, or from WiFi
reception/interference to your tablet. Depending on the quality of your
normal playback system, you may just be noticing these now on the tablet HD
screen.