[mythtv-users] Backend changes to support Android streaming

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Jun 28 02:00:03 UTC 2015

> On 28 Jun 2015, at 5:55 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> I've started to play with Android apps for my myth .27 backend.  They all look nice, but there are problems with audio in the streams.
>

> I've tried a variety of apps, and a variety of video players on the android device (and mythling looks like it has the most promise, imho).
>

> The problem is that when playing raw streams I don't get any audio.  When playing HLS transcoded streams (on the fly) I get audio but cant FF/RW.
>

> These are tradeoffs I can't live with.  Does anyone know of a settings change on the BE that will allow audio for streams? (I recording entirely from HDPVR input).

I feel like Otto in “A fish called Wanda” trying to ap.. apo.. applogise.

My wife has 8Player on her iPad, It just works: recorded, transcoded, movies, just work. The interface is acceptable.

I tried mythtv android app. Nice interface but I cannot get it to transcode hence work. I DID compile my myth and lack of documentation and lack of understanding has ment no progress.

BubbleUPnP with new uPnP has started showing thumbnails - very nice

Streaming with JWplayer soon leads to heartache

VLC gets tied in knots on large (SD and HD) files

Are there **ANY** ways to view mythtv on android that work eg the 8player experience.

James