[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

John McEntee jmcentee9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:03:27 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 14 Jun 2015, at 11:40 pm, "paul" <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All very interesting. Perhaps if there was enough willing to support the
> Pi with some cash, then you never now there may be someone to take on the
> challenge.
> >

> How much cash are we talking?
>
> But probably more to the point is there someone sufficiently interested
> and sufficiently qualified (coding capability and all the other requisite
> skill sets) with sufficient time to pick it up?
>
> For all the interest that has been expressed on this list I don't believe
> I have seen anyone that ticked all the boxes but just needed a bit more
> incentive.
>
> Reading between the lines my understanding is that the current MythTV
> dev's are not interested so I don't expect one of them to pick it up.

Um, I would be willing to donate a little, but I agree, there seems to be
little interest from a developer to do it. It is just not the raspberry pi
that will benefit but if OpenMax was used then many ARM processor could
benefit.

I have tried Openelec in the past and not liked it. I current use a old
desktop, haven't quite taken the jump for a ECS liva yet due to the price
in the UK. a pipo x7s is currently under consideration.