[mythtv-users] Comcast goes Mpeg4 in Atlanta

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Jun 13 14:47:13 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 08:33:59PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> > Oh, I'm on Comcast in the SF Bay Area. I'm just getting my ducks in a row. I
> > assume this will happen to us at some point.
>
> Quack-Quack-Quack (the ducks are aligned).
>
> If one wants to test MythTV for H.264 playback, there
> are a number of free demo's out there (just download
> a copy of Big Buck Bunny or one of the other blender
> rendered videos) and throw them into your videos folder.

    h264 capture hardware has been supported for a long time so
I am not sure why anyone should be in a panic at this point. You
would have to have a really old version of Myth at this point to
have a version older than the Hauppage 1313.

[deletia]

     If anything, I would be worried that Comcast in particular
might manage to throw everyone a screwball.