[mythtv-users] MFDB run time in UTC rather than local time?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Jun 13 09:37:54 UTC 2015

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:53 AM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>
>> Greetings all
>>
>> I've got mythfilldatabase to run from 5 to 6 but it runs at 18:35. Is it
>> running between 5 & 6 UTC ? My local time is 12 hours off that.
>>
>> I run it at this time so that data collection from mheg data has
>> completed
>> from a cron.daily job and mfdb has something (new) to work with.
>>
>> Does mythtv-setup have it wrong?
>>

> The run window is intended to be localtime 24hr and only compares the
> hour,
> so it should be running in the morning, between 05:00 - 06:59.
> What version are you running and do you have MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime
> (use suggested time) disabled? Also, if you have mfdb logs, check and see
> what time of day it has been running at normally?

I know the hour is supposed to be localtime and its 24hr - that is the
problem - I set it for 5:00 to 6:59 in the morning.

I have grabber suggest time disabled as I don't use a USA style grabber
(being in New Zealand it wouldn't make much sense to try it) and as I
originally stated, it runs at 18:35 i.e. off by 12hours.

Sounds like a bug to me...

--
Robin Gilks